Friday, May 18, 2012

Delta Goodrem denies ripping off Arcade Fire riff


DELTA Goodrem has described the alleged similarities between her new single and one

of the biggest hits from Canadian band Arcade Fire as "a bit of a storm in a teacup".

How the story about the alleged riff rip-off broke

The Voice songbird - who launched her comeback last month with Sitting On Top Of The World following a four-year break - recently came under fire from fans of the rock outfit, who claimed on music blogs and social media that Goodrem had "totally ripped off" the main riff from the band's hit Rebellion (Lies).

Speaking to Confidential at the Swisse Vitamins skincare launch on Thursday, the 27-year-old said she was not inspired by Arcade Fire when penning her song.

"I hadn't heard of (Rebellion (Lies)) until that moment and then I checked it out and was blown away," she said. "They're incredible. I think the whole thing was a bit of a storm in a teacup."

Darren Cross, a former member of Australian electro act Gerling, said on his blog the E.L.F. that Arcade Fire should sue.

Goodrem also revealed that with her new record up for release, a tour is currently being planned.

"I don't known if (the album) is actually dated but I know I tour pretty quickly," she said. "I was listening to the new stuff earlier actually and visualising the tour."

Goodrem recently spoke about the "haters" who have bombarded her with hurtful comments over her work on The Voice.

"I have weathered many different storms and I know who I am and my friends know who I really am," Goodrem said.

No comments:

Post a Comment